
tell me how you really feel Jake

waiting at the bus stop

School started 3 days after we arrived in Utah and Jake was a little nervous. He was excited but at the same time a little sad that he wasn't with his friends back in California. What with all the changes and lack of routine, not to mention lack of sleep, we were starting out with it's not suprising. If you look closely you can see the black bags under his eyes. Poor Guy! But he's a trooper! He was excited to ride the bus to school for the first time. I followed it to school the first day and caught a picture of him going into school, his cubby and him at his own desk. All the teachers were dressed in formal wear and lined up along a red carpet into the school cheering and clapping as all the kids came in. It was pretty funny with all the old prom dresses and the janitor in a powder blue tux. Now 3 weeks into it, the excitement has worn off some but I think he will like it all more when he has made some good friends and as we settle into our new life in the desert.

1 comment:
What a fun first day! I hope that Jake is adjusting quickly and that we will be able to have friends from church and school that are the same people! I can't belive how big everyone is getting!!
Post a Comment