Hi everyone...We use our blog partly as our family journal so I thought I would add some photos of my trip to Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii. I left Monday morning at 5AM and flew to Pheonix then arrived at Lihue Airport on the island of Kauia in the Hawaiian islands at about 7PM. This island is nicknamed the "Garden Island" for obvious reasons. There are about 60,000 residents on the island and tourism is the main source of income for the island.
My company is building a 300 million dollar resort in Poi-Pu (POY-POO) which is a very beautiful part of the southern coastline. I was there to help put together a hard bid on a smaller resort that Marriot is wanting to build. It is approximately an 85-100 million dollar project. The island is covered with wild chickens everywhere you go and nobody seems to mind at all. Anyways, here are some photos of the spouting horn tourist attraction where the water blows up high into the air through holes in the rocky coastline.
I threw some photos in there of the jobsite and some scenery shots as well. Since I was working the whole time I wasn't able to get "wet" at all but if eveything goes ok Melissa and I are thinking about going there for our 11th anniversary next year. I had as much fun as I could without my family being there to enjoy it with me...Mele Kalikimaka and Mahalo!
1 comment:
jealous...jealous =(
Happy Birthday Melissa!
Post a Comment