We are so sick at our house this week! I am finally able to open my eyes without a headache, but my gums are swollen and my hair hurts. Sam missed 2 days of school and Jake missed 1. Coughing, vomit, body aches, sleeplessness...oh the coughing!!Can someone come over with their gas mask and gloves and disinfect the place for me? Please?? I'll be your best friend... when I'm not sick anymore of course... the babies haven't even got it yet so you know the worst is yet to come.
I have also been going through what I like to call "blog mania" which happens about once a month, where I try changing my blog layout about 150,000 times and then settle on something I don't love. I know I shouldn't be so obsessed but I can't seem to help it. I rationalize it by thinking that I am self-teaching myself html code. I almost get it and then it doesn't quite work. Anyway, it spells way too much time on the computer and no real change. So all that was to say I am rethinking the vinyl blog I was thinking about starting. The website is enough right?
You know, Trendycrafts.net
We pay for clicks so people surfing the web for vinyls or wood letters will pull up the website. I'll still advertise new stuff on here, and offer discounts and giveaways, but just not in a really public blog. But go ahead and check out the website and tell your friends! :)
1 more thing,
Jen tagged me with 8 things about me and Rebecca's was 7 unspectacular quirks. From this post let's see if you can tell any of my quirks... hmm maybe that I love using movie quotes in everyday conversation... I used to know the whole "Ferris Bueller's Day Off "movie, [edited for tv version of course]. Now it's probably only about 50% unless I'm watching it. I also like to throw out lines from "What about Bob?" and "Home Alone" when the opportunity arises.

Jim calls me "Mel-onk" because of my OCD ways, although not professionally diagnosed, {I'm sure they could find something wrong with me}, but I am a huge germ-a-phobe, detail-oriented, clean-FREAK!


I am a flip-flop FAN-atic!

I blame it on growing up in California and not having a need for real shoes most of the year. I also do not have a problem with my feet like so many people I know. I was just wearing them today, December 5th... in UTAH. No snow means open toes! Hmm maybe that's why I'm sick?? Just not to church please! That is just tacky!! And I will not buy any from walmart because of this story. I try to have high flip flop standards!

I am apparently turning into a blog addict...
What can I say? I like knowing what is up with my friends and family and {some strangers} around the world and finding cute decorating and crafting ideas! It's cheaper than magazine subscriptions, right? And now that practically EVERYONE finally has one it's even more fun. I remember when Jim said he was starting this blog way back in 2005 so his mom could see pictures of the kids, I didn't know what he was talking about. And I didn't really start posting until sometime later in 06. Now I am trying to decide if I should write the family Christmas letter or just put a web address to our blog on the Christmas cards like I did last year :)
8 favorite restaurants in random order (until I try a new one):
1. Olive Garden
2. Barbacoa
3.Moochie's
4.Tucano's
5.Bajio
6.Jason's Deli
7. Sensuous Sandwich
8.Costa Vida
8 fave tv shows (or as I like to call it:what's DVR'd):
1.Chuck
2.The Office
3.American Idol
4.SYTYCD
5.Life
6.The Amazing Race
7.A lot of shows on Food Network
8. Some FOX News
8 things I did yesterday
1.Sat in the Recliner for hours at a time, eyes closed trying to wait out the headache
2.Finally took some day-quil so I could pick up the house
3.laundry
4.helped Jake with homework
5.Finished decorating my Christmas garland
6.Asked Jim to bring home dinner cuz I'm sick
7.Thought about blogging but couldn't see straight
8.slept with help from Ny quil
These are hard and I just took some more ny-quil so nigh nigh if you are still reading this. :)
PS Just to let you know, my birthday is just around the corner! 19 days!
3 comments:
sorry you guys are sick, not fun! At least it is this week and not the week of Christmas right? Hope guys feel better soon!
I can't believe I just read that story about the flip flops from walmart. YIKES! I just wanted to say, "Lotion, n' oil. oil n' lotion. Wendy Peffercorn, you're darling lover girl" You were swoonin'! I love the Sandlot movie. That's a good one too.
Oh, and "You're not dieing, you just can't think of anything good to do." Hope your better soon:)
First of all... hope you are getting better! Second - holy crap! That flip flop story made me sick! Never bought them there (old navy only baby!) but now I'm really never buying them there! Keep blogging! I feel like you are still just around the corner... miss you!`
Post a Comment