OK! So I only have 8 weeks to go til this baby is out, (scheduled the c-section for July 5, 7:00 am) and I have been saying the usual, this baby will probably sleep with us just like all the rest did for quite a while so I don't need to redecorate Brooke's room yet, yes, a boy and a girl in the same room until the housing market comes out of the downward spiral it is in and we can move out of this house. ( I could rant on that for quite a while, but I won't) ANYWAY! Now I am feeling like doing a project, or it might get pushed back til after the big boy is out of the way. (Coming soon to a blog post near you, I may just do a photo anthology of all the huge bellies which are the Russell children in Utero.) Seriously, these huge bellies are rediculous! To make a longer story a little shorter, I need ideas of how to make their room more on the gender neutral or a little less pink, side. Brooke's crib is white, dresser white, I think I just need another dresser for now, because the boy will sleep either with me or in the bassinet in my room, but her room is pink, pink, pink. Pink bedding, flowers, girly stuff everywhere.
UPDATE: I wrote that first part last week and now it's a new day and I am thinking of doing a white chair rail, with the pink paint above and blue and green and pink and white stripes below. I need advice though. Has anyone painted stripes before, because I can't tape off a straight line to save my life. Is it something really worth doing? Or should I wait until I can bend over and breathe at the same time before I launch such an endeavor. Anyone? I'll try to find pictures to give you an idea of what I'm talking crazily about.
3 comments:
I have always (by always, I mean for the past year or so) wanted to do stripes in a kids' room, but they scare me to death. I have a crafty friend who says they're easy, but I'm not so sure. Pottery Barn Kids (potterybarnkids.com) has really cute room ideas.
P.S. Your blog looks great...fancy!
Go to The Cranberry Smiles blog. Megan just did marvelous stripes in Camryn's room. I'm sure she'd share her secret.
Hi YA
Just add some yellow and country blue. You are crafty ...Ya I need to see some belly pics Any names Yet??????
Post a Comment