2.18.2009

Draper Temple Open House



Jim took a sick day the other day but Dr. Melis deemed him well enough to walk through the Draper Ut LDS Temple open house so we printed some tickets, took Jake out of school early, and were off.

We went to a church building first and watched a video presentation on the purpose of temples and the building of the Draper temple, then we rode a bus up to the temple site.
It was freezing cold and the tour guides kind of whisked us from the bus into a covered walkway across the parking lot into the Temple so I didn't take any pictures. We will have to go back in the springtime to take some family pics.


Inside the Temple was so beautiful. As calming and peaceful as any other temple I have been to. The architects used the Sego Lily (Ut state flower) in a lot of the accents and even in the woodwork. And I learned something I never knew, they hand scuplt the designs in the carpet! I had no idea :) The boys were pretty fascinated by the oxen and the baptismal font. They lingered there the longest. I felt like a pretty good parent for giving them the opportunity to feel the spirit and teaching them about temples. And it was a good reminder for me as well.



{all photos courtesy of Flickr*}













No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails