2.18.2009

Ophir-Tintic Railroad Model Train Show

{Hogwarts/Quidditch out of LEGOs}

{If you look real close you can see a black LEGO train in the upper middle of the pic}

{The main Hogwarts replica}


{ Jake got to try being an engineer}


{the babies were cranky through most of it and couldn't get down and run around=no fun}

{Lagoon replica in Lego}


{CHEESE}

It's been a while since I last posted. So in the interest of full disclosure, basically, I thought I could keep up with blogging and my new found problem, Facebook, but I think I just got a little over excited about it. Now I have found a balance, and that is a whole other post that I wrote out but am not going to publish.
Then there was the HAIR CRISIS of 2009 and that was pretty consuming for a week or so... sorry no pictures of that mess, let's just say I am trying to commit to not doing my own hair color or hi-lites anymore but we'll have to see in 4-6 weeks if I can really keep that promise...

So, a couple weeks back we went to a model train show at Thanksgiving Point. The advertising was all about how exciting the "famous Hogwarts train" was and I must admit it was pretty cool, but can I just say,
the whole place was a GIANT NERD FEST!!
or at least many, many boys and men who have never had a date or ever will.

OK maybe that is a little harsh, but it was just the scent in the air.
Anyway, the trains sparked an interest in Jake but not really something we will probably pursue. You could tell tons of date night funds were spent elsewhere. Like on the whole city that must accompany the train to travel through around and around again. I guess I didn't get many pictures of actual trains, they were speeding around the tracks pretty fast and my camera doesn't do fast, but you get the idea.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails